Fridge filler beer

As much as I love big DIPAs, Stouts, and everything in between, there’s only so many I can handle without falling asleep in my chair.

Hence there always tends to be some Coopers Pale or Mild hanging about in the fridge for a casual drink or sharing with guests. Enough flavour in it to keep me happy with an ABV that means I can keep going back.

What’s your go to fridge beer?

1 Like

Uncle Dan’s had a special on the Sierra Nevada Hazy Little thing Session IPA. They’ve been going down pretty well.

2 Likes

Sierra Nevada are always a good choice. They’ve managed to stay consistent for ever! I remember trying their Torpedo back in the day and it blew my mind with how bitter it was :exploding_head:

1 Like

Same, or feeling like I am pregnant with beer.

More and more now if I just want a beer to have on the weekend after the mowing or “just because” I am leaning towards imported beer like Peroni, Kirin (Megumi is so refreshing), or Asahi, and I really enjoy stuff like Pilsner Urquell and Birra Moretti too though I haven’t had those two in a while. Coopers Pale Ale is always a great choice too. I know this is an extremely basic opinion, but sometimes you just want a cold one not a tasting experience :joy:

I’ve been meaning to try that out, will give it a go!

1 Like

Most of those are brewed here under licence by Asahi :yum: I haven’t tried that Megumi before I’ll keep an eye out for it! I do love those you listed especially with food.

Personally I don’t think that super hoppy beers like hazy IPAs match food well. Can’t beat a crisp lager or pale ale for most easily matched with food.

1 Like

I should have put “”""“imported”"""" :joy: I just mean they are not local craft brews or Australian branded beers.

1 Like

A hot day at a bbq or just watching motorsport…calls for gage roads single fin!, There’s always some floating around in my fridge for when I don’t feel like chewing on hops and nodding off in front of people.

2 Likes

Well put :joy:

Picked up a 4 pack of the 3 Ravens Acid Original Sour today. Just 1 standard per can, absolutely delicious and crushable!

1 Like

Great day for it!

1 Like

The Coopers Pacific Ale has been quite the constant for me this year, it’s refreshing but also has enough hopfoward flavours that make me still feel like I’m drinking the big boy beers :rofl:

1 Like

Oh that beer is great! They managed to make a decent hoppy beer yet preserve the Coopers signature style. Might have to pick up some of that next time.

Funny you say that, breweries are really finding ways to jam in hop flavour without ruining the balance of lower ABV beers now which is great to have. The first great example I can remember is the Throwback IPA from Pirate Life, I also really rate Captain Sensible from Balter too. Good stuff!

2 Likes